Saturday, September 29, 2018

Mini Gumball Machine

When I was in middle school, I had to take an industrial arts class where we learned to make things from wood, plastic, and metal.  I liked the class, but I had trouble using the jigsaw.  When we reached the plastics unit, we were allowed to make a project of our choice.  I went to the scrap pile and found a small green piece of polyethylene that was already shaped like a seal.  I drilled a hole in it and called it a key chain.

And thus is the story of my next Goreyosity Shop installment: a miniature gumball machine! 

During the kickoff I was happy to find two wooden necklaces with many different shapes of beads.  These will convert nicely to miniature items.



I also found a small clear jar of hooks, which I chose for its size.



I later decided that the jar would work well as a gumball machine.



I cut up the necklaces, and Devon painted some of the smaller beads to make gumballs. (Thank you, Devon!)  She also painted one of the toy blocks for the base.



Then I glued one of the wire hooks to the base to make the coin slot.  Results are below.


The scale is a bit large for gumballs, so they can also double as superballs.

More beads next!

No comments:

Post a Comment