Saturday, November 3, 2018

For Bob and Zilla: The Great A'Tuin

During the kickoff I found a great turtle doorknob that I wanted to somehow incorporate. I chose it out of loyalty to our pet tortoise Zilla.



And for Bob, I turned it into a Discworld tribute.  Terry Pratchett's Discworld is Bob's favorite book series, and features a flat world delicately supported by four elephants standing on the back of a giant turtle. The turtle is called the Great A'Tuin, shown here (credit: Discworld site):



The hardest part was actually cleaning the turtle.  Megan removed most of the grime by soaking it in Sprite.  (Thank you, Megan!)



I found some small elephant beads from Etsy, and used one of the larger glass pebbles from the kickoff for the disc.


I glued everything together with epoxy.  Results are below!




No comments:

Post a Comment