Saturday, October 6, 2018

Mini Vases and Urns

The wooden necklaces were a miniature goldmine.  While making the gumballs and yarn, I noticed that some of the larger beads were the right size and shape to make urns, vases, or other objects d'art.




I thought it would be fun to experiment with a cracked finish to create something like this:


So I bought some crackle spray paint and got to work.  



 The crackle finish required two steps.  First Devon sprayed the beads with a base coat of gold. (Thank you, Devon!)


Then she sprayed on the crackle layer and waited for it to dry.



Results are below.  I decided to leave one of the vases gold, although it somewhat resembles a cremation urn.  I also mounted a marble on one of the smaller beads to make a crystal ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment