Sunday, October 7, 2018

Nesting Tins

During the kickoff I chose three tins as part of my inventory.



But when I unpacked the items, I found that additional tins had been nested inside each other as shown.



I was delighted with my discovery, and secretly hoped that Gorey himself had taken the time to layer them.  With this in mind, I took extra care with the mini tins.

Mini Tiddlywinks


I used the smallest tin to make a miniature Tiddlywinks game.  Tiddlywinks originated in 1888, which makes it roughly the right age for my project.  Also, the pieces were simple enough to execute in miniature.  You can read about the history of Tiddlywinks here.  (I did!)

I went back to the books for the game pieces. I used a 1/16" hole punch to make the smallest pieces ("winks"), and a 1/4" hole punch for the shooters ("squidgers"). 


I found pictures of original instructions and game boxes from the Tiddlywinks site and shrunk them  to the size of the tin.



Then I used one of Devon's red plastic pony beads for the cup.  (Thank you, Devon!)  Results are below.



No comments:

Post a Comment