Monday, October 8, 2018

Second Tin: Mini Word Game

I used the second smallest tin to make a word game.  I had originally thought Scrabble, but Scrabble was not invented until the 1930s, which was too new for my shop.  So I found a few anagram histories online, and settled on an 1877 version of  Words and Sentences by Milton Bradley. 

I cut out recipe titles from the Wok and Tempura Cookery book and glued them to a piece of carboard for stability.  The titles worked well because they were all in caps. 



Then I cut up the letters as shown.



I found clear pictures of the original box cover and instructions from BoardGameGeek and shrunk them down to size.



Results are below.  I left the letters and instructions loose, so it is technically playable - but it's short a few letters.  Perhaps a food-themed game?




No comments:

Post a Comment