Saturday, January 5, 2019

New Project

For my next project I have decided to enter the Real Good Toys General Store Challenge. For this contest, we are invited to create a miniature store of our choosing using the Real Good Toys kit.


I confess that I am partial to both miniature stores and contests.  While I wait for my kit to arrive, I will describe some of the contests I have entered to date.

Adam Cadre Lyttle Lytton Contest

The Lyttle Lytton Contest is a shorter version of the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, which challenges entrants to write the worst possible introductory sentence to a novel. Adam Cadre's Lyttle Lytton contest offers the same challenge, but the sentence must be 30 words or less.

I am proud to say that I received honorable mentions in the 2007 and 2009 contests, which pleased me disproportionately.  But the finest moment of all was when Megan's entry placed in 2010.  Here was Megan's entry:

   "Once upon a time, there was a talking lamp whose lightbulb fell out and hit a person and the person got shocked and destroyed everything."

Cadre wrote of her entry, "This is such an uncanny recreation of the way five-year-olds tell stories that I assume that the Axe Cop audience would buy up the entire first printing." Megan was actually six when she wrote this, not five, but close enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment