Monday, September 17, 2018

My Collections

The Goreyosity Shop exhibit appeals to me largely because I am interested in Gorey's collections.  To provide more context to my interest, I will spend this week showcasing some of my own collections.

War Bond Posters

I began collecting war bond posters when I was in college.  I found many of them at yard sales in Albany and New England. My favorite sales were at houses that had belonged to the same family for multiple generations.  For these houses, it was not unusual for the attic to contain posters or advertisements that had sat untouched for decades, quietly evolving from stacks of clutter to coveted ephemera.

Below is my newest addition, a WWII poster drawn by Dr. Seuss.  Here also is a link to my posters from WWI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment