Saturday, November 10, 2018

Second Project: Upcycled Sewing Box

I am pleased to report that I have enough inventory left from the Goreyosity Shop kickoff to make a second miniature project. And in the spirit of repurposing, I've decided to experiment with an upcycled house such as these.  (Note: I did not make or photograph any of these.  Click on the titles for the source.)


Suitcase House

Violin House



Clock Shop


Radio Cabinet House


For the structure, I've settled on an 1840s sewing box that I found on Ruby Lane.  The box is 8" x 8", and is the right scale for the remaining inventory items.


The box is lined with marbleized paper, which will work well for a museum or upscale store:


And when turned upside down, the sewing compartments become display shelves.


More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment